I read an article today about Kris Carr. She regained her health and took cancer under control by switching to a vegan diet. She wrote the books “Crazy Sexy Cancer” and “Crazy Sexy Diet.” This is my version of her “Crazy Sexy Green Smoothie.” I didn’t have romaine lettuce, so I left it out. I switched out the spring water for green tea. I added lots of ice, a little bit of metabolism reving minced ginger and the juice of one lime.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve never heard of eating an avocado without lime! This smoothie is silky smooth and pretty!! It’s my new favorite!! I might serve it to the hubby as Chilled Avocado and Pear Soup.
Avocado, Ginger, Pear and Lime Green Drink or The Sexy Green Smoothie?
Good Points: no cholesterol, very low in sodium, high in dietary fiber, high in potassium, very high in vitamin C
Bad Points: high in natural sugar
Nutrition Facts: 94 calories, 54 calories from fat, total fat 6.0g, saturated fat 0.9g, cholesterol 0mg, sodium 11mg, total carbohydrates 11.3g, dietary fiber 4.3g, sugars 4.4g, protein 1.5g, vitamin a 35, calcium 2%, iron 3%, vitamin C 22% (based on a 2000 calorie diet)
- 1 Avocado, scoop out the meat and discard the pit and skin
- 1 cucumber, peel and chop
- 2 hearts of celery
- 1 pear, chopped and cored
- 2 cups of green tea
- 1 pinch of minced ginger (1/4 tsp.)
- The juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups of ice
- Put it all in the Vita-Mix and fill to the top with ice.
- Zap it for 1-1/2 minutes on high.
- Serve with a piece of lime and enjoy!!
- Recipe Tip: If you have to use a regular blender, then dice up all of the recipe ingredients and use crushed ice!!
© Copyright 2011-2012 – Susan P. Berry – Chubby Chicks Health Club – All Rights Reserved
, Crazy Sexy Cancer
, Green Drink
, Green Tea
, Healthy Lifestyle Tip
, High Fiber
, Kris Carr
, Low Cost