I always make a large pitcher full, because the teens come running when they hear the Vita-Mix roar.
Strawberry Yogurt and Amond Milk Creamy Smoothie
Good Points: low in cholesterol, very high in calcium, high in vitamin A, very high in vitamin E
Nutrition Facts; 42 calories, 18 fat calories, total fat 2.0g, saturated fat 0.6g, cholesterol 2mg, sodium 85mg, total carbohydrates 2.4g, sugars 1.6g, protein 3.8g, vitamin A 4%, vitamin C 0%, iron 1%, calcium 11% (based on a 2000 calorie diet)
Does not include the optional banana or optional protein powder
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, sliced or 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 cups of Ice
- OPTIONAL ADD INS
- 1 banana, chunked, fresh or frozen
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- Add the almond milk, strawberries and Greek yogurt to the Blender or Vita-Mix first.
- Zap for a minute or so to blend, but not completely liquify.
- Add the optional banana and the optional protein powder before the ice.
- Add the ice.
- Zap for another minute for the ice to break down and blend with the liquid.
- You might need to experiment with times on your Vita-Mix or Blender.
- Don’t overblend.
- If it’s too thick, add an additional 2 ounce of Almond Milk and blend. Continue adding in 2 ounce portions until you have a creamy texture.
© Copyright 2011-2012 – Susan P. Berry – Chubby Chicks Health Club – All Rights Reserved
Tags: Almond Milk
, Frozen Drink
, Greek Yogurt
, Low Fat Recipe
, Low Sugar Recipe
, Protein Powder Recipe
, RAW recipe
, Strawberry Smoothie Recipe