Broccoli Soup is the vitamin soup of champions!! Yesterday our son asked me to make Broccoli and Cheese Soup as a snack. Here’s the quick and easy recipe I came up with using the Vita-Mix and ingredients I had on hand!! When I don’t have time to make my own Chicken Broth, I only use low-fat, No MSG, low sodium stock. I used Greek Yogurt instead of cheese to make it creamy!! Let’s keep that as “mommy secret!” Yesterday, I saw my son drinking it out of a glass with a straw!!!
Good Points: low in cholesterol, high in dietary fiber, very high in vitamin A and very high in vitamin C.
Nutrition Facts: 6 servings at 48 calories per serving. 7 calories from fat, 0.8g fat, 2mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 1.4g dietary fiber, 3.1g sugar, 4.9g protein, 38% vitamin A, 5% calcium, 31% vitamin C, 2% iron (based on a 2000 calorie a day diet).
- 2 cups of Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 14 ounces of Low Sodium, No MSG Chicken Broth
- 16 ounces of Water
- 3/4 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 8 Baby Carrots
- 1 tbsp. of Minced Garlic
- Cracked Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps. Chopped Chives
- Put the broccoli, chicken broth, water, yogurt, carrots and garlic in the Vita-Mix and emulsify on High for 5 to 6 minutes until creamy and hot.
- Serve with chopped fresh Chives and Fresh Cracked Pepper.
- This soup tastes good hot or cold.
© Copyright 2011-2012 – Susan P. Berry – Chubby Chicks Health Club – All Rights Reserved
Tags: 10 Minute Recipe
, Broccoli Soup
, Low Cost
, Low Fat Recipe