This soup is a new favorite. It’s so smooth & easy. The avacado makes it creamy. The hubby ate the leftovers before I knew they were missing. He likes it with a dash of hot sauce. Serve warm or cold with a dolop of Greek Yogurt.
Mix It Up
• There’s NO half and half or butter, like most tasty creamy vegetable soups.
• Try cooked Potatoes or cooked Yellow Squash in place of the Avocado. If you are eliminating the Avocado, then add a bit of Cream Cheese
• Try Lime instead of Lemon with the Avocado.
• Add a little bit of Pepper Jack Cheese or Sharp Cheddar Cheese for some extra zing (and fat).
Spinach & Avacado Silk Soup: Vita-Mix Blender
Good points: very low in cholesterol, high in dietary fiber, high in potassium, very high in vitamin A, very high in vitamin C
Nutrition facts: 77 calories with 49 calories from fat.
total fat 5.4g, cholesterol 1mg, sodium 65mg, carbohydrates 6.5g, dietary fiber 3.0g, sugars 1.9g, protein 3.0g, vitamin A 48%, vitamin C 25%, calcium 4%, iron 4% (based on a 2000 callorie diet)
- 3 cups of water
- 5 baby carrots
- 1 clery rib with leaves
- Sprig of parsley
- Pinch of garlic
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 peeled, pitted & chopped avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 Cups of spinach
- 4 ounces of Greek yogurt
- Create your own instant vegetable broth by mixing the water, celery, carrots, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in the Vita-Mix for 2 to 3 minutes on High.
- Add the avocado, lemon juice, spinach and yogurt to the Vita-Mix.
- Zap for 2 to 3 more minutes on High until silky smooth and warm.
- Serve with Greek yogurt or a dash of hot sauce.
© Copyright 2011-2012 – Susan P. Berry – Chubby Chicks Health Club – All Rights Reserved
, 10 Minute Recipe
, Greek Yogurt
, Low Cost
, RAW food